TILTING PAD THRUST BEARINGS
To transfer axial loads are used more types of technical solutions.
Steel ring with white metal lining on axial side is used for low load.
Tilting pads thrust bearings are designed to transfer high axial loads with the following advantages:
- Each pad on bearings is free to tilt (create independent hydrodynamic film)
- Reduced power loss
- Suitable for rotation in either direction.
- Available in all sizes
- Flooded and directed lubrication is available
- Pads can be supported on bearings or on bearing ring
- Material: standard pads are steel parts with white metal lining